Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Change is Good

So, the last few weeks have been a little crazy. We'd been presented with a few opportunities and although they looked good, we had a lot to consider before jumping in. There was a week when all we did after dinner was discuss these things. It was a lot of serious adult conversation, sometimes I just felt like I wanted to stop being responsible and move back in with my parents so they could make the hard decisions for me.

Then I realized that I love being a wife and mom and I can't believe I have the privilege of being a partner to such a godly man and that we get to be responsible for our family. Speaking of Corey, we celebrated our 4th anniversary 4 days ago!! Let's take a break from our regularly scheduled post to look at us 4 years and 4 days ago...


Unfortunately I am the worst ever and haven't gotten my wedding photos yet. So these are from my father in law.

Okay, back to the post...
So, after much discussion we have decided that we're making some changes. First, Corey is taking a new job. This job totally came out of the blue and we are very excited about it. But also feeling a little weird that he won't be doing what he's done for all but 3.5 months of our marriage. It took about 3 weeks to decide about this, but it seems good and he starts November 1st! For now he's working like crazy to get things ready to hand over at his current job.

The second change we'll be making is a move. This new job would have been about 50 minutes from home and we're kind of growing out of our current place. So, like the job, a new place found us, and I love it. One of my favorite features is a 3rd bedroom that will be a sewing room!! Oh, and there's a dishwasher. Oh! And our own laundry room inside. Oh! And...okay, there's a lot of great features and I'm very excited for more space!

I think the hardest part of making these decisions is that we love our current landlords and Corey's boss. Both are great friends and it seems hard to "leave" them but it is for our best I believe. And we aren't leaving them because we will still see them often and especially after our time with them, we'll have a special relationship. So now, we're moving in to another friend's rental and Corey will be working with a friend he's had since high school, I guess we like to keep things personal! :)

We're excited about the changes and what the Lord is doing with our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment