Monday, November 29, 2010

Thankfulness

I feel like I missed the window for a great Thanksgiving post, I know it was only a few days ago, but it's crazy how fast everything changes right over to Christmas. Since we're still in November, I figure I'm not too late to write a little bit about what I'm thankful for.

There are so many things to be thankful for and I tried to remember this as I was running around like crazy Thursday morning trying to find something that hadn't been boxed up to mix my 5 cup salad with before rushing off to my parents' for dinner. I make an effort to be thankful year round, but it's nice to have a holiday to direct our hearts and minds to slow down and count our blessings.

The year has had it's ups and downs for us and right now I feel like we're on an up. But I love that I can look back on the down times be thankful for those too. I know that in all these things, God is caring for us and doing things for our good and His glory. Much has changed this year and it's so good to see how we have been prepared for what God had for us. I am so thankful for the tough times we had and so thankful for our new house and Corey's new job. These blessings came out of nowhere (from our view). I'm so excited for this next phase in our lives.

I'm thankful for new found health! I have never felt better and I am so glad to be able to enjoy all these blessings because I feel good. I'm looking out in to the living room at all of the boxes to be unpacked and not feeling overwhelmed because I feel like I am well enough to tackle it. It's amazing to feel like I can keep up with life! Praise the Lord for good health :)

I am thankful for my husband who is always so patient and loving. I am thankful for my daughter who is a constant joy and challenge :) I am thankful for my family and the great help and support that they are to me. I am thankful for my church family and love that they really do feel like family.

Above all, I am thankful for Christ who gave His life as a ransom for ours. Thankful for complete forgiveness of sins and acceptance by God because of His great grace. Thankful that there is nothing I can do apart from Christ to earn myself favor with Him, because I'd always mess it up. I am thankful that in all things I can give thanks because I know that God is in control and I am not, and that is a very good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment