Friday, May 13, 2011

Crafty Sewing Mamas' Blog Challenge #11

The challenge projects for this round were a nursing cover or a wallet. I intended to make both but so far I've only completed the nursing cover. I hope to get wallet done before the deadline on the 15th but I'm not holding my breath! :)


Here is the nursing cover (and coordinating burp cloth) I made for a friend who is due with a baby boy in July.

I wanted the cover to be feminine but not super girly. After I made this I realized that a very popular brand of nursing covers come in this very print. It's kind of weird to buy fabric at Joann's and then see it in a commercially produced item. Oh well.

I added a terry cloth pocket to wipe up those little milk dribbles and store some necessities like a pacifier and nursing pads (is it weird that typing that sentence made me miss needing something like this? Something to wipe up little milk dribbles and store nursing pads? It's okay, you can say it's weird).

I also made a few other things for her shower gift but I think her favorite were these little tie onesies.

When/if we have any boys, they will have a dozen of these in every size. I love them! They are so cute. Since a few months after we got married, my husband has had a job where he has to wear a tie every day so I like the idea of our little boys wearing ties too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment