- How did you select colors for your personal thread collection? I just got the very basics. Black, white, off white, brown, and pink (pink is a basic when you have a baby girl!). And then I add new colors as I have projects that don't fit with what I already have.
- Do you always match the color perfectly to your project? I try to do my best. My mom always taught me to match the thread so I try to honor her and get matching thread :)
- Do you ever use contrasting thread? Sometimes. But it usually matches somewhere. Like if I have a print, I'll pick a color from that and use it everywhere on the project (like black fabric with pink thread, which I recently used for a dress for my daughter).
- Do you use the same color in the bobbin as the upper thread? Usually.
- What if a fabric has big areas of very different colors? I choose one color and go with it. Sometimes it doesn't blend as well but the colors all go together so it's no big deal.
- Do you have any tips or suggestions about choosing thread? Just make sure you take your fabric with you when you choose a thread to match. I've made the mistake of picking up something that looked close and it wasn't at all. Bummer.
- Can you show us a picture(s) of your thread collection? It's really sad...you don't want to see it, I promise! (that's why I need to win this contest!)
- Do you ever buy thread because you fall in love with the color (without a particular project in mind)? Sadly no. That sounds fun though. Even though a spool of thread is pretty inexpensive, I try to avoid buying extras when I don't need them.
- Do you “invest” in thread? No :(
- What types of thread do you have? (elastic, quilting, all-purpose, wool, etc.) I have elastic, polyester, heavy duty, all purpose...I think that's it.
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Sew, Mama, Sew Thread Questionnaire
There's a thread giveaway over on Sew, Mama, Sew! I really need some new thread and the colors are amazing!! So here goes...