Friday, January 21, 2011

Bedroom Decor for My Husband

Now that we're in a bigger house, I feel the need to decorate a little more than I ever have. We've always lived in small places and they've been totally loved, but really under decorated. It seemed like there just wasn't enough space to really decorate other than with some basic curtains which were more for utility than for beauty.

We moved in to this house on December 1st and Christmas decor went up. When it came down 3 weeks ago I realized that the white walls and white blinds really needed some permanent help. It was just a little too sterile. But I also realized that I am a scaredy cat when it comes to decorating. I can't commit to fabrics and colors and placement of photos and shelves...or anything! I have a million ideas but am too afraid to execute any of them. Lame. So, I decided to just go for it.


But I was unsure of what to do in our bedroom. I wanted some fabric that Corey described as "retro in a bad way". He also said it was too pink. Boo...but then he said I could decorate however I wanted to. Well, I decided to love him more than myself and I chose a more masculine palette. And I'm so excited about it! Here's what I chose:

Modern Meadow by Joel Dewberry - Cool Stream Fat Quarter Pack

I had to work with our brownish/taupe colored comforter and I am so happy I found this collection. I have seen a few of these fabrics in other colors but this palette is perfect for us. Pretty prints and manly colors create a beautiful compromise that I think we will both be very happy with. I just ordered the fabric today and I am so excited for it to get here. I am planning on finishing the bedroom by Valentine's Day because I think it would be a great gift for my sweet husband. Our own little retreat in our home.

I'm so excited!

From now until Valentine's Day, I am hoping to feature projects and ideas inspired by my husband and ways to love him more.

No comments:

Post a Comment