Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Craft Hope Sewing Party

Craft Hope Spreading seeds of hope one stitch at a timeOn Saturday I turned 26. And, to celebrate my big day, I decided I wanted to have a sewing party. I figured what better way to celebrate than with my favorite pass-time, and what better cause than Craft Hope. We fit about 12 ladies in our house with their sewing machines to whip up a bunch of Christmas stockings for Craft Hope and Christmas in Dixie to send to survivors of the tornadoes that happened this spring.

The party was super fun, although I must admit that I didn't do a stitch of sewing, except to thread my two machines, and I sat down for only about 10 minutes during the 6 hour party. 


Everyone just spread out and got right to work making stockings. I was hoping they would burn through some of the fabric in my stash, but they all brought their own fabric and hardly touched mine! Oh well.


There were many different skill levels represented at the party, from very accomplished seamstresses (like my mom, who made my wedding dress) to the "I've never touched a sewing machine in my life" gals. Everyone seemed to enjoy the day.



 There were a few babies who came with their mommies to the party and my husband really enjoyed that. He was playing with the little ones while all of us ladies chatted and sewed. I think he got a bit of baby fever, but Elora wasn't too thrilled with the whole "share your things with the baby" situation.
  

At the end of the day we had about 17 stockings and 5 more ready to be assembled. I am planning on whipping up a few more before shipping them off. 

Fun was had by all and we hope to do this again very soon!

1 comment:

  1. What a neat idea! I'm glad you had fun, and that's a great way to turn your birthday into a service event.

    Tornado victims will certainly appreciate it!

    ♥ Bethany

    www.letterstoourlittleone.blogspot.com

    www.happyhomemaker.me

    ReplyDelete