So, a few weeks ago I told you about the fabric I picked for our bedroom. Well, I wanted to show you what I've done so far with that fabulous fabric.
First up are the before photos of our drab bedroom.
This is my dresser and the wall on my side of the bed. Mirrors need to be mounted somewhere and that giant white wall needs a lot of help (and the laundry needs to be put away).
Here's the progress I've made so far (remember, it's about baby steps).
This is now over the bed:
The frame is from my grandma, I painted it, framed some fabric, and stuck a painted wood heart in it. These letters are just some wood cut outs from Joann's, spray painted navy blue (I did quite a bit of spray painting last week!).
(Obviously the bed still needs some help...that's coming soon)
This is the wall on my side of the room, the shelves were from Goodwill for $5, a little navy paint is all they needed. The frame is another one from my grandma, it now has a photo of Elora in it. Candle holders were from a Christmas gift exchange, of course they had to be spray painted too!
And last, but not least, the curtains
Here's a close up of those tie backs.
I'm so excited to make more things to bring more color in to the room. On the list are pillows, bed skirt, something for over our dressers, and more framed photos. Plus probably a lot more along the way. I'm also working on something for Corey's side of the bed to hold his phone, iPad, books, and glasses. Since there is no room over there for a night stand, he ends up putting things on the floor next to the bed and it's just not working out so well.
Anyways, that's what I've got so far. I can't wait to bust out more!