Thursday, June 2, 2011

Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop- Week #1

A friend of mine started an organization that helps women in Africa support themselves. It's called The Nakate Project. The women make beads from magazines and use them to make these beautiful necklaces.

I've been wanting to buy one of these necklaces so I've been looking at the website a lot, and when I saw the inspiration workshop prompt from Gussy Sews was "Handmade", I immediately thought of these beautiful creations.

I love the work of this organization and I can't wait to get my hands on one of these handmade beauties. The only jewelry I ever wear is my wedding ring, but I'd really like to step up my look this summer and I think one of these necklaces would be a perfect place to start. Not too fancy, totally fun, and it's for a great cause.

Now I just have to choose one....
I'm leaning toward this one:
Or maybe this one...



Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

1 comment:

  1. I had a little kit to make paper beads when I was little :-) Those necklaces are beautiful. And it's a beautiful cause!

    ♥ Bethany

    www.happyhomemaker.me

    ReplyDelete