Thursday, June 24, 2010

An accidental dress for Elora

I am working on a dress for my cousin's daughter who is due to be born in July. I haven't been able to find the exact pattern I wanted so I thought I'd play around with some scrap fabric until I figured it out. I found this tutorial at Prudent Baby for a peasant blouse and thought it could work for the dress. I used shirring around the neck instead of the one piece of elastic because of the look I'm going for. But I measured totally wrong and ended up with this little dress for Elora. Not quite newborn size. I'm off to try again. I've really got to get the pattern figured out! But I love Elora's accidental dress :)

No comments:

Post a Comment